Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How to transplant shamrock plant to larger pot?

I have two shamrock plants that I want to put in a larger pot. We used to use the Farmer's Almanac for planting when the signs were correct for it. When would be the best time to transplant%26gt;

How to transplant shamrock plant to larger pot?
When the tubular starts to grow above the soil then it is time to replant.





There is no great way of doing it. I usually dump it all out and start over. I clean all the tubular and make sure I put them back in the soil facing up. Sometimes my tubulars get so long I have to break them. It is okay to do that. I stick my finger down in the soil to make a long hole and put it down in the soil and cover it up. You will find that the Shamrock tubular multiply like rabbits.





I have them in my laundry room window. What I do not replant and give away I throw away.
Reply:In my opinion I would wait until the spring unless it is so rootbound that you think it will choke. Otherwise it will do well as is. They grow from little tubers and they probably won't like to be disturbed until they are in growing mode. That's my opinion but you can go to a houseplant website to find out more. good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment