Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How to transplant Shamrocks?

Ok I have a shamrock plant (not clovers a real shamrock). It was a gift from a volunteer where I worked at the time. I am really no good with house plants, but have managed to keep it alive for about a year and a half. It is doing really well. I had to move it to a new pot a while ago and it did fine. Now I need to transplant it to another pot as it is getting to large for the one it is in. I would like to seperate it in to two plants in to seperate pots. How can I do this and not kill it. I love this plant and don't want to end up killing it. any suggestions or advise? I think I would be fine if I wasn't seperating it into two seperate plants. Thanks in advance for the suggestion and advice!

How to transplant Shamrocks?
It's really easy.


You just have to remove the plant gingerly from it's pot,lay it out on a table with news paper underneath it and cut it in half.


You can cut into quarters if you wanted to, if the plant is big enough.


Make sure that you part the leaves at the top, while it is laying on it's side and use a very sharp knife to cut directly through the plant. Be decisive when you make the cut.


Now put some fresh transplanting soil in with some of the old soil.


Water it and your done!


Trust me it works perfectly even though this may sound like some harsh treatment for your beloved plant, it will thrive.





Hope to helped you,


The green thumb.


No comments:

Post a Comment